In this episode of SaaS Boss show, I interview Jennifer Musselman about existing team issues and how to make system-level improvements in your team when you already have a team and things aren’t going that well.
Two moving bodies in contact with each other create friction, so expect that you as a founder will need to put in work into developing your team.
Reason for teams being ineffective.
Mission, vision, company goals.
Social Styles & Communications needs.
Why poor communication of vision creates problems.
What Workflows and Processes need to have in place.
Deliver feedback early, don’t wait for it to pile up before sharing it with the team.
What steps can founders take today to improve their communication?
Steps when we have existing team issues and trying to make improvements:
1. Create an environment where we communicate values. why are we all working together and what are we trying to achieve. Vision needs to be communicated often.
2. Employee performance review once a year isn’t enough need give immediate feedback
3. Encourage dialogue amongst employees and create safe environment to hold each other accountable.
4. Self management for executives to handle their stress level…
– Connect with Natalie on Facebook
– Join SaaS Boss Facebook Community